Adam Nussbaum, born in New York City, is one of the finest Jazz drummers working today. He grew up in Norwalk (Conneticut). When he was five years old, he gained piano lessons. Seven years later he began playing drums, bass and saxophone.
1975 Adam Nussbaum moved to New York to study at Davis Center for Performing Arts. This was the start of his successful career as professional drummer. Since then he was in volved in several projects, performend and recorded with other great musicians.
He has played with a virtual "Who's Who" in the jazz world. Longtime associateshave included: John Abercrombie, Bob Berg, Michael & Randy Brecker, Eliane Elias, Gil Evans, Stan Getz and Mike Gibbs. Further Nussbaum performed and recorded with Vic Juris, Lee Konitz, Moody, John Scofield, Joe Sample, Ohad Talmor, 'Toots' Thielemans and Kenny Wheeler & NHØP. As well as freelancing with prominent artists of every generation, being a major asset no matter where he appears. Adam Nussbaum has joined forces with other musicians to form such groups as
- BANN (with Seamus Blake, Jay Anderson & Oz Noy)
- We3 (with Dave Liebman & Steve Swallow)
- The Impossible Gentlemen (with Gwilym Simcock, Steve Rodby & Mike Walker)
- The Nuttree Quartet (with John Abercrombie, Jerry Bergonzi & Gary Versace)
- The ZZ Quartet (with Ratko Zjaca, Simone Zanchini & Martin Gjakanovski)
Visit Adam Nussbaum´s website to find out more about his work and life: